Seventeen display rooms of Fulton County Living:
* Art, music, and entertainment - includes King's Jesters, Elmo Lincoln
(the first Tarzan), Fulton Co. Players, and more.
* Old-time kitchen, dining room, parlor, and bedroom - all furnished in
1910- 1935 style.
* Scouts and toys - dolls by Ruby Dawson, Scout collections from
Glendola Alber and Don Fites.
* Health Services - Woodlawn Hospital, horse and buggy doctors, eye
doctors, dentists, and the Red Cross.
* Indians - Potawatomi Trail of Death, Chief White Eagle and Ervin
* Transportation - railroads, highways, and airplanes.
* Old-time general store & clothing displays in A. B. Shore Clothing
* Old-time barn - loft, chick incubator, tools, model round barns.
* Schools and sports - Rochester College, one-room schools, Fulton
County elementary and high schools.
* Military - Civil War, Spanish American War, World Wars I and II,
Korea, Viet Nam, Persian Gulf and all wars memorabilia.
* Clubs and recreation - Lake Manitou, Appaloosa Pony Assn., fishing
lures, Cracker Jack prizes, quilts, 4-H, and vintage cameras.
* Merchants and industry - retail stores, factories, businesses,
telephones, hotels, Chester White Swine Association
* Churches - histories and souvenir plates of county churches, Bibles
from 1834 on, altar, pew, organs.
* Circus - Cole Bros.-Clyde Beatty Circus (had winter headquarters
here from 1934-1940), high-wire bicycle act of Willie and Clara
Lamberti, and ladder of Johnny "Laddie" Zoppe, much more.
Features and Special Collections
|Fulton County Historical Society
|Tetzlaff Reference Room
The Tetzlaff Reference Room
has been growing! Recent
donations of Civil War books
from Jack K. Overmyer, and
genealogy reference books of
Maryland, Delaware and other
states from Wendell
Tombaugh, both of Rochester,
are now ready for you to use.
The Ogle Collection is now in
the Secretary's Office on
shelves as it outgrew its
former space. It contains
genealogy reference books
Maryland, Delaware, and
heraldry from James
Donalson, St. Augustine
Beach, Florida. These
valuable additions are also
ready for you to use.
The Tetzlaff Reference Room
is at the north end of the
Fulton County Museum, a
section added in 2001,
created with funds donated to
FCHS from Ruth and Alice
Tetzlaff estates. This
Reference Room is open
whenever the museum is
open: Monday - Saturday from
9 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed
holidays. The Tetzlaff
Reference Room is 64 feet x
16 1/2 feet. Its collections are
not just for genealogy but for
local research into all subjects
relating to Fulton County.
|Fulton County Museum
Built in 1987-88. Barnhart
Gallery features special
exhibits. The Gift Shop sells
books about local history and
Indians, Indian crafts, jewelry,
pottery, paper dolls, and
old-time toys. Open Mon.-Sat.
9 am -5 p.m. Closed holidays.
Round Barn Museum
Built in 1924. Moved and
restored in 1990-91. Farm
machinery and antique tool
displays include buggy,
covered wagon, 1912 Lincoln
truck, horse-drawn reaper,
sheller, milk cans, horse and
cow stalls, etc. Open
Mon.-Sat. 9 am - 5 p.m. May -
September. Closed holidays.